The Blackstonian has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://blackstonian.com
and update your bookmarks.

Bobby Brown says his high life’s over

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bobby Brown says his high life’s over

By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa with Megan Johnson  |   Thursday, April 7, 2011  |  http://www.bostonherald.com  |  The Inside Track

Photo by Sandra Rose/ Getty Images
Roxbury bad boy Bobby Brown was so horrified by his bizarro behavior on his reality show “Being Bobby Brown” that he quit doing drugs and turned his life around.

The former New Edition singer tells People magazine that he’s been sober for six years after overindulging in cocaine and heroin during his roller-coaster marriage to Whitney Houston.

“When I used to get high, I wasn’t there for my older kids. I always had a drink in my hand or disappeared,” said Brown, who was repeatedly hauled into Norfolk Family Court in Canton over the years for non-support of his two kids with Kim Ward of Stoughton.

Bobby says he’s now determined to make up for it with Cassius, his baby son with wife/manager Alicia Etheridge.

“My past has made me the man I am now. I had to grow. I got my passion back for music, for loving myself. I’m a better person, so I can be a better partner and father.”

The “My Prerogative” singer also addressed the controversy over Bobbi Kristina, his 18-year-old daughter with Houston. She was photographed allegedly snorting what looked like cocaine in the National Enquirer.

“She was hanging around some bad people and isn’t around them now,” he said. “I trust my baby.”

But a source close to Bobby said he was “devastated” by the situation.

“He and Whitney both love Bobbi, but she’s been living like an adult for years,” the source said. “She does what she wants.”

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1328930

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Labels

Archives

Twitter